You already know what you need to do in order to lose weight and how to proceed. You know about nutrition, how to eat healthy, fat burning, calorie counting, and muscle building. And you really want to change your relationship with food. That’s why you have been trying for so long. For you, the key to success is not information, education, skills, or willpower. You already have all of them.
How I Can Help
You’ve tried a “plan” or two that didn’t work—or maybe all the plans. They likely didn’t work because there’s no one-size-fits-all “formula” for emotional eating. How you will overcome it can only be defined by you, and guilt doesn’t belong anywhere in that equation.
As your coach, my job is to help you find another way. Most of the time, the answer isn’t about controlling yourself. It’s about relief, freedom, and a touch of pleasure.
A Healthier Relationship with Food is about Freedom, not Control
While diet and exercise are important in a weight loss process, I don’t talk about food. At all. You don’t need me for that part. If you decide to navigate your journey with me, I will focus on the root causes that have created your eating behaviors, and how to change your way of eating sustainably.
During our sessions together, we will:
- Identify what you want and what’s standing in your way
- Define how to solve situational factors that are holding you back
- Check which ones of your needs are currently not being met, and help you define how you can fulfill them so that you can stop compensating unmet needs with food
- Unveil the pain and fear barriers to action that you cannot see, and that make you believe you are not ready to engage in your recovery journey
- Help you recognize those barriers and consider them legitimate, as this is often the first step on your path to recovery
- Identify your eating triggers, and solve their root cause, so you don’t get triggered anymore
- Put yourself in a position of power to choose daily routines—on purpose— your unique version of well-being and quality of life.
Note! These will be steps you WANT to take, not ones you think you’re “supposed” to take. Working with me, you are always in the driver’s seat. You’ll never get a hard sell from me. I charge by the hour, and you can quit any time you like.
We all have our own reasons, triggers, and moment to eat our emotions. The path to a healthier relationship with food is different for each of us. My process is flexible and will adjust to your needs, your unique situation, and where you are emotionally right now. However, this is what you can expect from me every time:
Coaching is for you if:
- You know what you want to do but can’t seem to do it
- You don’t know what you want to do, but, whatever it is, it’s something different.
- You are tired of trying to manipulate your body and brain.
- You are tirelessly devoted to your family, work, and community… and also losing your breath… and something has to give.
- You want to value and strengthen your body, rather than resenting it.
- You are no longer willing to question your own judgment, intellect, or worth based on other people’s ideas about what beauty and power are supposed to look like.
- You’re game for a little upheaval, an adventure, some stumbles, and a caper or two while figuring out what to do—and getting the job done.
Coaching is not for you if:
- You want someone to dictate a generic, one-size-fits-all plan for you.
- You are facing an acute crisis that requires medical or psychological intervention.
- You are happy and at peace just as you are!
Depending on your needs, preferences, and availability, you can book private sessions, group sessions, or participate in quickstart weekends.
Please reach out at any time for more information and to see if we are a match. Our first conversation is free.